We share feedback we have received on the top reasons to ride your bike on Kili from those who have done it.
5. Taking it all in from your bike. Being on your mountain bike in this magnificent nature reserve allows you to cover a decent amount of distance while still going slow enough to take it all in.
4. Experience the different geological zones. Biking through the geological zones while taking in the diversity of this mountain is a firm favourite. From the icy summit to the hot dry savanna, lush rain forest and onto the lowlands where people take advantage of the rich volcanic soil by planting home gardens, maize, beans and coffee plantations.
3. Attempting this feat with a group of friends. Reaching the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro is on many a bucket list. But there is something about joining up with a group of friends on your mountain bike to tick it off. Some say it has a unique expedition feel to it that is hard to describe.
2. Reaching the summit. There is not much more to say about this one. Those who have reached the summit of any high altitude mountain will understand the immense reward. Reaching it with your bike is all the more rewarding.
1. Getting down from the summit. There is no arguing on the top spot here. One moment you are navigating the icy summit and the next you are on the african plains….the thrill of sending it from the roof of Africa. Then for a cherry on top you get to enjoy an African safari ride on your bike which perfectly completes a truly unforgettable adventure.