Kilimanjaro 5895m MTB Expedition Summary
Onbike’s Mountain bike Kilimanjaro expedition offers the rare opportunity to ride your bike from the roof of Africa, into it’s plains and amongst it’s wildlife. Crank up the volume of that sneaky Johnny Clegg track on your playlist to set the scene for this one. We are about to send it down the highest mountain in Africa!
The opportunity to combine the best of trekking and mountain biking in one rewarding and possibly a life changing experience. Be part of an expedition team lead by qualified and experienced guides with multiple successful summits under their belt. Ride through and experience the seven geological zones from the lush rain forest to the alpine desert environments and glacial zone. Ride from the roof of Africa and down into her plains and top it off with a two day MTB safari. An option to join the expedition excluding the MTB safari is also available.
Trek & ride to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro and downhill into the African plains. You might ask yourself: “Now who owns a bike and would not want to do this?” We add a further adventurous twist to this expedition. After your shot at lifetime bragging rights and descending 4095m, it’s time to rest our bones as we transfer back to our hotel before transfer to the Arusha National Park. We add a big cherry on top at the end of our itinerary with an African mountain bike safari, accompanied by a wildlife ranger. We know and love Mt Kilimanjaro! With 20 years experience on Kilimanjaro and multiple successful summits in our arsenal, we are very confident in our ability to give you the best possible experience and support on the mountain.
|ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE FROM||Moshi, Tanzania|
|Level 3 Fitness
Level 2 Technical
Level 3 Adventure
|DATES||November – January
June – September
(custom dates available)
(Kilimanjaro MTB Expedition
|GROUP SIZE||4 – 12 Riders|
- 8 days / 7 nights guided & supported Mt Kilimanjaro MTB expedition.
- Airport transfers from and to Kilimanjaro International Airport.
- 2 Nights hotel accommodation just outside Moshi
- 1 Night tented accommodation on the mountain
- 3 Nights hut accommodation on the mountain
- 2 Nights accommodation at lodge inside Arusha National Park, full board.
- All meals as indicated on the itinerary (from dinner day 1 to breakfast on day 8)
- Group camping & cooking equipment.
- Onbike MTB apparel to the value of $120.
- Qualified & experienced mountain & mountain bike guides.
- Professional wildlife ranger on mountain bike safari ride.
- Full expedition team, mountain guides and porters.
- National park entrance fees, riding permits and special mountain bike required permit
- International flights
- Alcoholic / Non alcoholic beverages.
- Yellow fever vaccination (compulsory for travel to Tanzania)
- Travel and medical insurance (insurance recommended)
- Any cost associated with early departure or evacuation
- Medical cost
- Mountain Bike and personal cycling equipment
- Personal camping equipment
- Bike specific repair parts (spokes, derailleur hanger, brake pads)
- Spending money for personal items, curios & extras
- Any cost outside the itinerary
WITH YOU ALL THE WAY
- Onbike offers additional services on equipment, training and expedition consultation.